- surveyvillage is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
- Once you choose to provide us personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with surveyvillage.
- surveyvillage fully endorses and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act (1988) in relation to the handling of personal information.
- surveyvillage also complies with the Market and Social Research Privacy Code (2014) which sets out how the APP’s are to be applied in relation to the collection, retention, use and disclosure of personal information in market and social research. This code is administered by AMSRO (Australian Market and Social Research Organisation) and adjudicated by the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
What we collect
- When you join surveyvillage, we collect the following personal identifying information: your name, address details, gender, age and email address.
- When you sign up to surveyvillage we will require you to verify your account. You will be required to enter a mobile phone number and verify this is a valid number by entering the SMS code you receive. While your mobile number will be stored on the surveyvillage database for identification purposes you can opt out of receiving SMS and/or telephone research.
- The types of personal information collected are used to improve our products and services (including registration). We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our services, and more detailed contact preferences.
- We will not collect any personal information from you revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, association membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation except when you have given express consent to surveyvillage to do so. Sensitive information will only be collected with your prior consent and only if it is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for, the research we conduct.
How we use your personal information
- surveyvillage uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we also use your information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, and to personalise our web sites for you. We may request details of credit card types, however will not request details of credit card numbers.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to provide you with research panel or special offer information we think would be of particular interest. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or technical updates. We will also follow local requirements, such as allowing you to opt in before receiving unsolicited contact, where applicable.
- surveyvillage will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other surveyvillage entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses. Such surveyvillage entities and/or business partners, including those in other countries, are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data and are bound by the appropriate confidentiality agreements. Any overseas supplier is bound by an agreement with surveyvillage to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Data collected online may also be combined with information you provide when making other contact with surveyvillage.
- If we wish to use any of this personal information, or data for any purpose other than those specified above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent to do so.
Use of a Pseudonym
- Due to the nature of Market and Social Research, we need to be able to identify the person attending the research, or answering the survey. This ensures accurate insights and decisions made about products, service and government policy. Data is not valid if we cannot confirm key details such as the demographics and postcode of the participants.
- It is therefore not possible to participate in Market and Social Research under a pseudonym. Your name and any other identifying information is always de-identified for the purpose of reporting, unless your consent has been expressly given.
Sharing of Personal Identifiable Information
- Any information supplied to surveyvillage, by a third party, including government related identifiers, is deleted from our system, at the completion of the research project.
- As part of our provision of services, we may sometimes ask you to refer other people for Market and Social Research. These referrals are not contacted by surveyvillage directly, without receiving their express permission.
Accuracy and Access to your Information
- surveyvillage strives to keep your personally identifiable information accurate. We will provide you with access to your information, including making every effort to provide you with online access to your registration data so that you may view, update or correct your information at the surveyvillage site where it was submitted.
- To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. To access your personally identifiable information, return to the web page where you originally entered it and follow the instructions on that web page. Certain areas of surveyvillage’s web sites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and through providing personal data.
- Any overseas partners must abide by and adhere to Market and Social Research Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act (1988) in relation to handling of personal information.
- surveyvillage is committed to ensuring the security of your information.
- To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We use appropriate encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data. If you have questions on this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opt Out Policy
- Panel members may decline to respond to a survey or opt to drop membership at any time. We respect the decision to decline participation and will not try to dissuade you. Panelists who prefer not to complete a given survey need not do so.
- Panelists who would like to withdraw their membership from the interactive panel may do so at any time by visiting the "Unsubscribe" page under "Settings" Panelists may also withdraw membership by clicking on the at the bottom of every email that members receive from surveyvillage.
- When visiting surveyvillage web site, the site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical and administrative purposes:
- the user’s server address – to consider the users who use the site regularly and tailor the site to their interests and requirements;
- the date and time of the visit to the site – this is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to surveyvillage which pages or documents are most important to users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- duration of the visit – this indicates to us how interesting and informative the surveyvillage site is to candidates; the type of browser used – this is important for browser specific coding
- In order to optimize the surveyvillage web site and better understand its usage, we collect the visiting domain name or IP address, Computer Operating System, Browser Type and Screen Resolution
- No personal identifying information is stored on any cookie nor do we retain any cookie information on our databases.
Enquiries and Complaints
- If you wish to complain to the Market and Social Research Regulatory body, AMSRO, please click here: http://www.amsro.com.au/ and ask for their Privacy Officer.
- If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by: Email: email@example.com Phone: 1300 363 992.
Other Important Information
- The safety of children is very important to us.
- We ask that children under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian verify their membership application with surveyvillage as per our Terms and Conditions.
- Whilst surveyvillage will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s Internet usage.
Privacy Summary Information
- Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
- Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
- For further Privacy information, please refer to The Australian Privacy Commissioner’s Web Site